Administered by CSE for the California Air Resources Board, the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) offers up to $5,000 in electric vehicle rebates for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emission and plug-in hybrid light-duty vehicles.
When can I apply for a rebate?
- Within 18 months of the vehicle purchase or lease date.
- After taking possession of the vehicle.
- Before exhaustion of available rebate funds.
- Note: Purchase/Lease Date must be on or after the vehicle’s first Eligibility Date.
What am I responsible for?
- Submitting the online rebate application.
- Submitting all required supporting documents to CSE within 14 days after submitting the online rebate application (if your documents are not received, your application will be automatically cancelled).
- Retaining ownership of the vehicle in California for a minimum of 30 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date.
When will I receive my rebate?
- Rebates are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and issued to qualified recipients in a single payment within 90 days of application approval.
- Delays beyond normal processing times may occur.
For more information about the California Electric Vehicle Rebate Program, click here.