The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) provides rebates to commercial and residential customers toward the purchase of Level 2 or DC fast charge EVSE. Commercial customers who purchase and install EVSE for employee and public use can receive $750, $1,000, or $15,000, depending on the charger type. Residential customers who purchase or lease qualifying plug-in electric vehicles can receive $750. EVSE must be installed within the LADWP service area; rebates do not cover the cost of installation. Rebates are available to the first 2,000 approved customers. The program will be in effect through June 30, 2015, or until funds are exhausted, whichever occurs first. For program guidelines and application materials, see the Charge Up L.A.! website.
Also, the LADWP provides residential customers rebates of up to $750 when they purchase or lease a qualifying electric vehicle (EV) and 240V charging station. The rebate covers the purchase 240V charging station. The rebate applies to single family homeowners and residents living in apartment buildings or condominiums as long as they receive permission from the property owner and/or homeowner association.
The requirement to install metering under the previous program has also been removed for customer convenience. Customers who choose to install a separate Time-of-Use meter for their EV charger to take advantage of the LADWP off-peak EV discount rate will receive an additional $250 credit on their LADWP bill.
- Qualified applicants must be an LADWP residential customer or live in the same household as the LADWP customer.
- The location of the EV charging station must be within the LADWP service area (if you are not certain, please look at your electricity bill to determine if it is from LADWP or another electric service provider).
- Rebates are provided for Level 2 (240V) charging stations with the SAE J1772 charging plug.
- If the charge station is installed in a multi-family complex, the applicant must certify he or she has permission from the property owner and/or homeowner association to install the charging station.
How to Apply
After the Level 2 charging station has been purchased and installed, complete the following:
- Contact LADWP to install a separate time-of-use meter for the charge station.
- Download the EV Home Charge Station Rebate Application (PDF) from the LADWP website.
- Review the rebate application to confirm rebate program eligibility.
- Mail the required documentation with the completed application to the address noted on the application.
- Applications must be postmarked within 180 days of completing the charg ingstation installation or purchase of the EV, whichever is later.
This is a limited-time program to assist early adopters of EVs with their installation costs. The newly expanded rebate program will run from August 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015. Rebate terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. when the program goals are met, or the funds are exhausted; whichever comes first.
Contact Us and we’ll help you through the application process. 714-616-9169